One of the key factors when moving is to select the most appropriate box depending on the dimensions, weight and fragility of the objects.
If a move is stressful in and of itself, packing up all the things we’ve accumulated over the years is harder than it sounds. And it is that it does not only consist of introducing objects and belongings in boxes, but it requires planning so that everything reaches its destination in its entirety.
For this reason, it is recommended not to exceed 20 kg in weight or to use a specialist packer and mover like Good Move Removals and Storage to handle heavier loads.
Choose the type of box
One of the key factors when moving is to select the most appropriate box depending on the dimensions, weight and fragility of the objects that we are going to transport.In this sense, it is convenient to purchase or rent moving boxes of different sizes and materials (cardboard or plastic), since they must be resistant. Keep in mind that not only will they carry weight, but it is very likely that they will pile up on top of each other during transport.On the other hand, it is also important that the moving boxes are easy to assemble and thus avoid wasting time when packing. We recommend BlueRose Packaging if you want to buy quality moving boxes at low rates.
In addition to moving boxes, other of the most common and necessary materials in a move are:
– Filler material such as bubble wrap, newspaper, polystyrene balls, rags, old towels …
– Blankets to wrap the most voluminous objects and avoid damages and scratches.
– Adhesive tape to seal the boxes and a dispenser to go faster.
– Labels to list the contents of the boxes. Do not limit yourself to indicating only the room to which it belongs, but it is very useful to enter a note detailing everything that has been stored inside.
How to pack each item
In general, when packing your belongings, it is advisable to use blankets to wrap furniture and appliances, keep the heaviest objects in small boxes so that they are more manageable or store the lighter ones in wholesale boxes Los Angeles, but distribute them evenly (that the heaviest are at the bottom).
As for fragile objects such as mirrors, glasses, plates, etc., they must be individually wrapped using spacers and wrapping them with bubble wrap. It is also advisable to introduce filler material in the interior holes to prevent them from colliding with each other. Jewelry and valuables should be kept in locked boxes and taken with us.On the other hand, it must be borne in mind that the heavier a box, the more complicated it will be to transport. For this reason, it is recommended not to exceed 20 kg in weight.
Distribute by rooms
Storing the objects by rooms will make it much easier to distribute them in the new home. To do this, there are some recommendations to take into account depending on the stay:
– Kitchen: defrost the refrigerator 48 hours before the move and empty the pantry the days before the move. On the other hand, it is not advisable to transport detergents and cleaning products as they can open during transport and spill their contents.
– Living room / dining room: if possible, remove table and chair legs and wrap rugs in plastic or paper. Also, try to store televisions and electronic equipment in their original packaging.
– Bedroom: vacuum-pack bedding and clothing so they take up less space.
Get rid of what is not useful
The fewer objects we take with us, the lighter and easier the move will be, so it is a great opportunity to clean up everything that is not needed. It can be given to family or friends who may need it, sell it online or take it to the clean point of the city.
To do this, it is best to have a couple of boxes on hand in which to separate what we are not going to take. If there are doubts, you just have to ask yourself how many times that object has been used in the last two years.
We hope this guide was helpful.