Every project needs a solid foundation. Identifying what it needs to be done and the allocated budget for that, these are just some of the things that need to be considered. However, it is just the tip of the iceberg. The people who will make that project happen is another essential matter in order to achieve the project’s success. With this, you have to decide between a freelancer or a web agency.
Before choosing between a web agency or a freelancer, various factors have to be measured. Certain questions need to be catered prior to the decision of whom you will entrust the project. Some of these are the following:
- What are the goals and objectives of the project?
- What is the time frame and how to handle in case there will be unexpected delays or amendments in the schedule?
- What is the communication needed that will be effective to meet the expected results to the project?
- What will be the limits and other protocols for the cases there will be revisions have to make?
- Do you work with an Accountant that specialises in helping Freelancers?
After answering these, now is the time to weigh the advantages and disadvantages of choosing a web agency or a freelancer to handle your assigned project.
Pros and Cons of Choosing a Web Agency
- They are able to support a wide array of design, technology and marketing tools needed to accomplish the project.
- Some of the agencies exercise healthy competition towards their own staff, so there will be little to no problem with regards to the professionalism and handling of the project.
- Because of more manpower, web agencies can assure an efficient and faster accomplishment of the project.
- They are the right people to choose if the project is big and more complex.
- Web agencies are quite more sensitive than freelancers.
- Sometimes, choosing a web agency makes it confusing who will be the point person for the contact details and concerns about the project.
- Since web agencies work from their bases, you will not be able to see them at work on your own site.
- Considering them for simpler and smaller projects is impractical.
Pros and Cons of Choosing a Freelancer
- Especially if you need a particular service only, a freelancer is more preferable to hire.
- Freelancers are more budget-friendly.
- Freelancers are more equipped with niches.
- If the project requires flexibility, they are the right people to handle it.
- They can work on your site, which will create a better understanding of your business plus better communication for the feedbacks and concerns.
- Especially those with poor skills, freelancers can make an even break your project.
- They are not the right people for projects with a broader scope.
- Freelancers, since they have single manpower, only have limited knowledge, expertise, and experience which can somehow affect especially for the project’s potential better perspectives.